Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Buggin at Arrowhead Lake

  So I snuck out to Arrowhead Lake again. Just for a little bit on my way home from work. Had almost no luck................ for a while. With all the rain we've had in the past few days the water is really high, and makes a little more tricky to fish. With that being said, I spent some time working the shoreline where I caught most of the fish last time I was out there, however no sign of fish. If there were fish in that area, I'm pretty confident that I would have at least gotten a little action.

  Anywho, so I decided to walk around to the other side of the lake. But, since the water is so high right now, the only way to get around the lake is to have waders or take the bike path (which is really far) all the way around. Since I was determined to catch something while I was out, I decided it would be good exercise and a better chance of getting some action. All in all it turned out to be a good decision. I tied on my popper and first cast.................. SLAM!!!! First Largemouth Bass of the day!! And not the biggest I've ever caught, but the biggest I caught today. Right around the 16" range. Put up quite a fight. All the Largemouth I caught today, with the exception of one, were jumpers. What a blast. Too bad no one was there with me today, So again, self taken pictures of the fish.

Totals for the day: 
8 Largemouth Bass  - 12" to 16"
5 Bluegill  -  about the size of my hand

Here are the pics!! As always, hope you enjoy!!!




All Bluegill were caught on a spider pattern that I tied



 
 I'm convinced there is a really big fish in this lake somewhere, so I guess I'll just have to keep going back til I catch him!



Till next time!!
Tight Lines,
WoollyBugger

No comments:

Post a Comment