Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Catching Up 2010-2011 Pt 4 Final Installment

Now we're getting very close to being completely caught up. Just a few more stories and a handful of pictures and we are solid!!
  So the Last week of February/first week of March We took off up to Wisconsin to visit my dad again. Thought we'd hang out for about four or five days and then head back home. Did some ice fishing up there, All I got was the skunk, my dad caught a bunch of small perch.  Here go some pics...............



Me getting ready to fish




 Driving out on the lake is a trip.There are whole communities out there, people leave there ice shacks set up on the ice all winter.









 It really is a beautiful part of the country.

My Dad getting ready to fish

 We have a good time out there!!!!
 Even though I didn't really catch any fish it was still an awesome time. I always have fun when I'm fishing, don't get me wrong, I prefer open water and warm weather. But none the less, I love to fish no matter what the weather.

That brings us to April,  Trout Season Opener on the first weekend. Was pretty solid!! Caught my limit the first day and then got a couple more the second day. Although I only kept six total. That was the first time I caught any trout. And let me tell ya,  they are real fighters............................ and delicious!!!
Went to Blackwell Forest Preserve and Cal Sag East Quarry, Caught all fish at Cal Sag.
Trout Fishing at Cal Sag Quarry

Noah wanted to come with






 Brought Noah out fishing for the first time and he loved it!! So,  I went to the local tackle shop a few days later and bought him his very first fishing pole!!!









     



The very first Rainbow Trout I ever caught getting prepped for filleting.


 Then snuck up on some deer in the woods for a couple photo opps!!!  SAY CHEESE!!!!

 I was easily within fifteen to twenty yards out from these deer, needless to say if I was bow hunting right then and there I would've been taking home some deer.

 Back to fishing.........................................


Sedgewick Lake
Took my mom out to Cenntenial Park out in Orland, did some fishing there at Sedgewick Lake. I only caught one small Striped Bass and didn't take a picture. Still had a good time though.

Noah and Liz came with too, but he wanted to swing on the swings today instead of fishing.









So Now for the Last of the pictures to bring us current.............
I had decided to have a fish fry right around May first and wanted some pan fish. It was gonna have to be enough for three people, I wanted to do it on Mother's Day. So, needless to say,  I had to get to work.
I went out to Papoose Lake  just off 127th and La Grange Rd. Took the Fly Rod out there and with just my spider patterns that I tied,  over the course of three days I caught about 45 fish............... 20 keeper size blue gills, and 2 crappie, I got 6 Largemouth Bass in the 12" to 16" range that were all released and between 15 to 20 Bluegill that were released due to small size.  So 44 fillets for the fish fry and of course you can't have a fish fry without having hush puppies~

  The fish fry turned out great!!! and here are a couple pics of the fish I caught!!!





I have to say,  there's nothing like a Bluegill fish fry!!!! Man they're DEEELICIOUS!!!




In all honesty though, even as good as all that fish was............. and I promise it was fantastic.................I think I'm good on fried food for another six months.

So, now we are all caught up and I'm ready to get this season rollin!

I'll post up another story in a day or so................ Thanks for reading,
WoollyBuggin
Tight Lines

2 comments:

  1. Noah is a cutie pie!! Great blog, you got a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Glad you like it! I'll be posting regularly!!

    ReplyDelete