Monday, November 14, 2011

Officially calling it quits...........

  For the Bass season that is. I know some people are still catching Bass, and some serious pigs at that. However, for me..........it's over until next year. I have finally gotten my fill of catching the skunk in cold, windy weather. It was a good season though. I feel satisfied with catching the biggest Largemouth Bass of my entire fishing career this past summer. I also got my first Chinook Salmon out of Lake Michigan not all that long ago, which by the way is the biggest fish I have EVER caught to date. My only regrets as I look back is that I didn't focus more time on fly fishing. I had good intentions, but the places I fished on a regular  basis this season didn't lend it self to fly fishing. I needed really long casts but there wasn't room for a back cast. I'm not nearly good enough at the roll casting to get that kind of distance. So, I just didn't fly fish all that much.

  Now I am pretty close to knowing what I'll be doing until freeze up happens and I thought I would share it with those of you who read my blog. I have decided that I'll be heading to the Indiana creeks to try my luck at the Steelhead. I could do it at the Chicago, Lake Michigan Harbors, but I am feeling like this will be a good opportunity to break out the 8wt fly rod on a creek setting. I also want to try my luck in the Des Plaines River with the Northern Pike, also on the fly. Last but not least, I think I'll be heading out the the Kankakee river for a shot at some Walleyes. That will be on the spinning gear for sure. But now that I have given it some thought, it looks like I'll stay pretty busy even though I won't be hunting Largemouth Bass anymore this season. Keep an eye out for the new posts!!

  I also think it is time that I start reviewing the fishing gear I use on a regular basis as well. So keep an eye out for that too!
This is officially the last Bass of the season
Till next time,

  Tight Lines,
Woolly Buggin

No comments:

Post a Comment