Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Trip To Camp Kellogg in Woodland, MI

  Howdy!!
    Time for another installment of Woolly Buggin'. I've been meaning to post this up, but I've been super busy. This trip was actually last weekend. We left for Michigan on Friday the 17th and came back home on that Sunday. I didn't get as many pictures taken as I had originally planned, but I think I have enough to make a decent post. So, this was the first Camping/Fishing outing for my whole little family. That's right, It was the Wife, the little guy, my sister and me. We got off to a little bit of a late start due to my adventurous idea that I could load up my sisters truck with everyone's gear with no problem. The problem was that my sis offered to transport a mini fridge to Michigan on the way up. So it was a tough time packing. However about an hour and a half later two tie downs strapping a cooler to the roof and a seriously full back end of a Trail Blazer and we were off!! Ended up getting to the destination well before dark. I got the tent set up in a few minutes and it was time to let the weekend of relaxing begin.
   Anna and Kim host several camping functions on their land every year. There are 187 acres of beautiful country they own in Woodland, MI and they are gracious enough to share it with all who would come. A truly great couple of people I feel very blessed to have the chance to know. They really couldn't be more welcoming. I could go on  and on about them, but I would like to keep this story rolling. There are three lakes on the land at Camp Kellogg and there are plenty of fish. They have a variety of boats for all to use whether  it's a pedal powered pontoon just to go out for a nice ride on the lake at sunset, or the large pontoon with a quiet trolling motor for fishing - to Kayaks and john boats they have it all and don't mind sharing. There are a lot of fish in the lakes on their land. I lost count of the Largemouth Bass and Bluegill I caught just because there were so many. I used some new poppers I tied on the ride out there, and they were awesome!! Very pleased with them. So much, that I think I am going to start selling them on eBay.
  I went out the first night just from shore and didn't get any action. But got up early Saturday morning and took out the pontoon with the trolling motor and it was game on!  Got several Bass in the 12" to 15" range, and one 17 incher. I even had some crazy bluegills attacking my size 6 popper. That was pretty funny. I don't know what they were thinking. Anywho, all in all it was a great trip. Noah loved sleeping in the tent, being on the boat, playing in the grass, sitting around the campfire and just all around being outside. On the other hand I probably should have been a little better prepared/equipped with gear to make the trip a little easier on Liz. I don't think she had as much fun as Noah and me because of that. But I know for next time what I should bring.
   Well it's that time again for pictures. I hope you enjoy them!! Wish we had taken more. Oh well, here they are..................



Noah and Me shortly after arriving at Camp Kellogg

The Family on the pedal pontoon


First catch of the trip

Noah taking a dip in the lake with Me

There were a ton of fish just waiting for me

And I was happy to catch em!!!
The Bass were really going bonkers for my poppers


Literally just gobbling them up!!


Part of the camp grounds were being used by other people in campers

Just a nice shot of Lake number 1

The wife took some pictures of me fishing

I did pretty good in the Lilly pads


Noah wanted to watch me fish too







Campfire on night #2
                    
                           As always, all fish were released to be caught another day when they are bigger!!
Last fish of the trip

 So, on the way home we decided to take some pictures. Just happened to see a really cool 50's RV on the road and had to snap a few shots......

I thought it was really cool



The Fam on the car ride home

Also stopped in Pullman, Michigan at the Dutch Farm Market.


 Normally when we stop in Pullman it's later in the season and we get THE BEST peaches ever!! I seriously think they might grow the best peaches on earth............  I'm just sayin.............
But with that being said, we come to the last pictures of this adventure.  We stopped at an A&W/KFC in Chesterton, Indiana for a bite to eat cause the little guy was hungry.  And we had a little fry eating contest...............  


Noah & Me about t have a fry eating contest
 Of course Noah wins!!!
 Well, I hope you have enjoyed!! Thanks for reading!!
Until next time.......... Tight Lines,
Woolly Buggin'

No comments:

Post a Comment