Thursday, July 28, 2011

I hit the magical mystery pond again today. Got there around 7pm, it was roughly 85 degrees out and we had a front coming through later on at night. Thought it might be good fishing today( like I always do lol)............. and I was right. I got there and someone was already fishing in the spot I like to start at. So we talked a bit and then I went down the way a bit. I got about ten casts in and I hear him yell my name. I run over and he has on what turned out to be a 13in crappie! Pretty solid!! He was using a wacky rigged worm. I took a couple pictures on his phone for him and then we fished together for about five minutes and he left. I still hadn't caught anything. I started tossing out a Spro Frog and within an hour and a half I landed 5 largemouth. One was landed on a plastic worm and the rest were on the frog. I love top water action. Anyway the one on the worm was 13". I got 2- 17" and realized that I left my camera in the car when I caught the first one but was too lazy to go get it. I caught an 18" and decided if I catch anymore I need pictures cause no one's gonna believe this. So I went all the way back and got the camera. (Think its time to upgrade and get a camera phone) I got back and there wasn't much light left at this point, but 4 casts later I landed the last fish of the night. The best part is, it was 20" , just 5 lbs. And I got pics  :-D   Always a good way to finish out a day!!!

The SPRO Frog really seems to bring out the bigger fish


20"    5lbs

Till next time,
Tight Lines,
Woolly Buggin

No comments:

Post a Comment