Friday, July 29, 2011

Gear Time part 1

I have been wanting to post a list of gear that I have been using and how I use them for a while now. Finally getting around to it. This is just going to be a list of my spin fishing gear, the fly fishing gear will be in the next gear post. So let's get started.
I have several spin fishing rods that I have accumulated over the years of fishing. Even with all those rods, I have my go to rods that I've been using for my Bass adventures lately.

Fishing Poles / Rods 

   Brand                              Model                                Length               Action                   Pieces              Abu Garcia                       Super 7                               7.0 ft             Med Heavy                  1
   Abu Garcia      Harold Ensley Signature Series         6.0 ft                  Med                         2


Reels

Brand                                 Model                              Line                              Test
      Shimano                          FX2000FA         Shakespeare Xtra Tough            6lb
   Guangwei                          GSO25                        Power Pro                         10lb


Baits


Brand                          Style                             Type                         Color                                  
Strike King            Soft Plastic                     Worm                Watermelon red/ green/ pumpkin
Spro                            Frog                        Bronzeye 65          Leopard/ Midnight Walker
Snagproof                  Frog                                                          Green / White

Hooks

Brand                         Type                          Size
 Eagle  Claw        Wide Gap Worm         2/0-3/0




So that is a list of my go to spin fishing gear as of lately. It's been producing a lot of results.
            
I've been rigging the worms weightless and weedless. I toss it out and let it sink to the bottom. Then I give a couple of quick jerks and let it sink back to the bottom and repeat and so on. This really produces a lot of fish for me. However, they seem to be a little smaller than the ones I get on the frogs lately.
The Spro frog I use a couple of different techniques. I cast it out and on the retrieve I either "walk the dog" or work it almost like a popper. A couple good tugs and let it sit for a few seconds, give it a twitch and a couple more tugs. The Spro seems to bring out the biggest fish for me. The Snagproof frogs I only work as I would poppers. 
I also carry an ever changing and random assortment of swim baits.

Random gear list
I always have my head lamp on me when I'm fishing just in case. I have the Petzl Tikka Plus. It's been with me for several years now. They really take a lickin'. I've never had a problem with it other than being to forgetful to change the batteries regularly.

I always have a pair of needle nose pliers with. Ya never know when you'll need them to unstick that hook.

I  have a scale with me as of lately.

Polarized sunglasses are a must!! Spend some money on some good glasses. They say it makes a difference. So when you go out and buy some, let me know if it does lol  I always buy the $5 sunglasses from walmart.

I always have my weather radio on me. A poncho, small first aid kit, good hiking shoes, fishing hat and SEVERAL POCKET KNIVES. I don't know why, or when that started.

Here are some pictures,




Spro



These have been working the best for me




Snagproof


Random swim baits for today





Got this guy today
using this guy


Alright that's if for this post. Till next time
Tight Lines,
 Woolly Buggin

No comments:

Post a Comment