Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Carpin' at the Cal Sag Channel

  So I went out today, to the Cal Sag looking for some Carp action. The temp was a balmy 30° F. Winds at about 5mph gusting up to 20mph. So it was delightful weather for a fishing outing. About 2:15p.m. I arrived at the water. I had been out there a couple days ago to see if anything was stirring in the water. The place I went to check out, had a lot of Carp tailing when I stopped by. However, today I think I was the only thing stirring around out there. I took my 8wt out there and for the third time all year I took some spinning gear as well. Getting kinda tired of roughing through the cold and not getting anything on the fly. So I decided I would double my chances of hooking up with some fish. Sadly after 2 hours of no fish, I decided to call it a day. My fly rod kept freezing up and everytime I cracked off the ice, my fingers got just a little bit colder and colder. I did take some pictures today to share. No fish, but at least you can get an idea of the area I was fishing at today. Hope to post more soon, I feel a re-cap of the summer with pictures, is in the near future.









Not the best stretch of water I've ever fished, but it IS the closest to home. So , I don't mind as much going out there and getting skunked as much as if I drove for a couple hours. Till next time,
Tight Lines,
Wooly Bugger

No comments:

Post a Comment